This is the blog of Dr. Curt Bonk, Professor at Indiana University and President of CourseShare (there are NO Guest Blogs and NO advertisements permitted).

Links
Dr. Bonk's Home Page
TrainingShare
PublicationShare

Bonk's Emerging Learning Technologies course

Video Primers in an Online Repository for e-Teaching and Learning (V-PORTAL)

Click here for information about my recent book, MOOCs and Open Education Around the World.

Bloggers I follow
My reading list
Free Webinar: Matching Online Assessments to Online Pedagogies: Choices, Challenges, and Concerns
Friday, December 05, 2008
As I may have mentioned…

Wiley Publishing has me doing a free Webinar on Monday on matching online assessment to online pedagogy. Information is attached and below. Already 145 people signed up; I heard that normally they have about 25-30 people, so this topic must be popular. I think assessment is boring (but I am a former accountant so I do not like assessment much). Anyway, I will get extremely excited about assessment for a day and present for 45 minutes followed by 15 minutes of questioning. Of course, the pedagogical parts of my talk WILL be quite captivating stuff!

You will not see me, just hear me and see my slides. You need nothing installed on your machine but Flash (this is on most computers now). A picture of the interface is below. Anyone can sign up and attend for free if you are a high school, community college, or university instructor.

Just look for my session on Monday, December 8th, 2008 at 2 pm EST (New York Time):

Main Page: http://he-cda.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-106078.html (click on education)

Education related: http://www.wiley.com/college/wfn/seminars/disclandEducation.html (click on my session)

My Talk: http://www.wiley.com/college/wfn/seminars/semland280.html?Education (use this one!)

Matching Online Assessments to Online Pedagogies: Choices, Challenges, and Concerns

Presenter: Curt Bonk, Indiana University

Online teaching can be quite hectic and, at times, extremely frustrating. The frustration mounts when the time required for student grading and feedback seems never ending. Adding to the pressures, those new to online teaching must deal with many challenges not encountered in face-to-face settings. Assessment seems the last thing on one’s mind when scrambling to design and then deliver a new online course. Part of the dilemma is determining how to fairly and expediently assess student learning when attempting innovative and risky pedagogical techniques. This presentation will offer dozens of pedagogical techniques and discuss online assessment options that one might select for each of them. A series of tips and guidelines will be offered for saving time in online assessment while providing valued task feedback and interactive and engaging courses overall.

Monday, 08 December 2008 at 2:00 pm Eastern Time - Duration 1 hour

They are using Adobe Connect Pro (formerly Breeze) for this (sample interface below). You will get a link to go to on Monday after signing up and a couple of reminders. The interface is below. Now I just have to prep it. I have no clue what I am going to do. Smile.

Perhaps I will see some of you online on Monday (Tuesday if you are in Asia). If I seem pretty bad, please pipe in and help. Smile! Just kidding. If I am bad, click exit and send me a nasty email. Double smile!
Subscribe to the TravelinEdMan podcast
  posted by Curt Bonk @ 4:34 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Durff said…

    Can you post the hyperlink to your webtalk December 2008? Thanks in advance.

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Curt Bonk said…

    Send me an email and I will send you a link to get the slides.

    cjbonk@indiana.edu

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Snarly said…

    Is this webinar recorded and posted somewhere?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Curt Bonk
Home: Bloomington, Indiana, United States
About Me: I am a former accountant and CPA and a former educational psychologist. I am now Professor of IST at Indiana University and also adjunct in the School of Informatics. I founded and later sold SurveyShare. As president of CourseShare, LLC, I run around the world training instructors to teach online and give motivational talks about emerging learning technologies. I also write and edit books related to e-learning and blended learning. See bio and vita.

See my complete profile

Click here for information about my recent book, The World is Open: How Web Technology Is Revolutionizing Education.

Visit the Indiana University Home Page of E-Learning Expert Curtis J. Bonk.

Recent Posts
Archives
Popular Posts
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER